Rental Policy and Procedure
If you are born after January 1, 1989 and you are a Wisconsin resident, you must possess a Boating Safety ID Card to operate any watercraft on the river. This must be presented at time of rental. Go to www.dnr.wi.gov for details.
A Temporary Boating Certification Course is available for a fee at www.boat-ed.com/wisconsinrental
- Rental Agreement must be fully read and signed day of rental.
- Online reservations will require payment when you book your reservation. If a cancellation occurs a full refund will be provided. Please call with any questions about this policy.
- All Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to rental.
- In the event of inclement weather reservations may be cancelled at Schafer’s River Rentals discretion. We want to make sure that you enjoy yourself on our boats so please call if the weather is in question.
- Online reservations are only accepted for half day or whole day rentals.
- Reservations made for morning half day rentals can leave as early as 8 A.M. and must be back by 1 P.M.
- Reservations made for afternoon half day rentals can leave as early as 2 P.M. and must be back by 6 P.M.
- Rentals made day of can accommodate different start times
- No pets are allowed without prior approval. Any damages incurred by the pets will be the responsibility of the renter.
- Boats are required to stay in Pool 7. NO EXCEPTIONS. This means that locking through any lock and dam is not allowed. This policy is in place for two reasons – 1) If you have any problems that requires assistance it may be difficult to reach you. 2) There are times when the locks become backed up and it can take hours to get through the lock.
- There is a $50 per hour late fee. Please give yourself plenty of time to return to the dock.
- No guns or fireworks are permitted
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled rental time to fill out paperwork and to go over safety and operating procedures.
- Customer must inspect the vessel prior to departure to include the prop. Any damage not noted before departure will be charged to the customer.
- There is a map included on each of the pontoons and we can go over it prior to departure if you are not familiar with this pool.
- Customers will ensure all life jackets fit properly, and that all children under the age of 13 wear their life jackets while the vessel is underway. This applies to any vessel rented from Schafer’s River Rentals.
- When returning call (608) 781-3100 5 minutes out from the docks and we will assist with the docking of the boat.
- The customer is responsible for the removal of all trash from the boat. Failure to do so could result in a $25 cleaning fee.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Feel free to bring any food and drinks that you would like to have on the boat. Please remember that no glass is allowed on the water per Federal Regulations. This is a law that is enforced and you may be fined if you are checked while out on the water and you have any glass containers.
- Grills are allowed on the boat but all grilling must be done on land. This is to ensure safety on the boat and to prevent any damage to the boat.
- Our #1 goal is to make sure that you have a safe and enjoyable time. If there is ever an issue we will do everything in our power to make it right.